2020 was a year marked by unprecedented amounts of stress and uncertainty that for most has carried into this year. Over time chronic stress can have a huge impact on our physical and mental health contributing to disease and pain. Instead of having large New Years Resolutions in 2021 let's choose to focus on our well-being and prioritize self-care.
We all have unique needs when it comes to our well-being and taking charge of our health. Take the time to really think what area you may need to work on and try not to make too many drastic changes. Sustainable changes are those that happen slowly over time.
Nutrition and Diet
"You are what you eat" Just like bad gas makes your car run sub par, food can effect your performance and mood. Aim for a balanced diet that works well for you and makes you feel your best.
- Aim for half your body weight in ounces of water per day
- Add more vegetables and leafy greens to your meals
- Include healthy fats in your diet
- Choose clean and sustainable sources of protein
- Do a food journal for a week and assess what makes you feel the best/worst.
We are spending more time on our devices than ever before, but our bodies are designed to MOVE not sit all day. Great ways of integrating movement into your daily routine include:
- Going for a walk
- Having a dance party
- Taking your phone call on a walk around the house, neighborhood/park.
- Foam Rolling
There are so many aspects to our mental health and leading a meaningful life. Ways to improve your mental health:
- Quality time connecting with others
- Time in nature
- Meditation and breathing exercise
- Listening to music
What on this list resonates with you?
What do you need more of this year?
Pick one or two from the list above to focus on and see your life slowly blossom into one of grounded change for a more beautiful version of yourself.